Monday 3 October 2011

What to wear to your next 80's rock concert...

I'm very excited to be the lucky ticket holder to a Def Leppard Concert (supported by The Choirboys) and Roxette! (I know Roxette are more 'pop' but it will do for our purposes). Today I am taking a sick day, and have spent much of the morning 'researching' 80's rock legends in the form of YouTube videos, and figuring out just how far I can go in dressing up for the concerts. Here is what I have learned...

LIFEWITHBIRD leather pants 'Nancy' - these are a nice tight fit and bunch at the ankles so will be good with heels or flats (hello mosh pit!)

Def Leppard T-shirt from band-tees.com (looks like they have every band known to man, and even some baby onesies if you're taking you little one as an accessory)

Leopard Print Blazer by CAMILLA & MARC - with the rest of this outfit it may be a little too 80s, but its cool nonetheless. Alternatively...


SASHA hot pink cropped blazer will bring make the outfit modern by adding the colour blocking which has just taken off like wild fire this spring. The cropped style is also more modern than the typical 80's oversized blazer with shoulder pads (miss those days!)

These women's WRANGLER cowboy boots are the real deal (I know this because I found them on cowboyworld.com.au) so I'm going to assume they are hard-wearing and comfy enough to wear to a concert.


I suspect since the concert will be in QLD I won't be wearing leather pants! This red sick TOPSHOP playsuit is a cooler alternative, I think it will still work with the cowboy boots. 

Pictures thanks to MyCatwalk.com and as otherwise referenced. 

1 comment: