Saturday 20 April 2013

Velveteen Dream

I have a micro-obsession with velvet, velveteen and velour. I love these dresses in the precious stone colours for winter. The fabrics aren't particularly flattering (except on the models and actresses below) but I love the luxe look of this textile, especially the mini-dresses with long sleeves which have a particularly 80's look. Its time for people to step away from neon and colour blocking and embrace shades reminiscent of blue & black sapphire, ruby, emerald, amethyst and not-so-precious pyrite.


Eva Green in Navy Tom Ford gown

Black Lanvin dress 

Natasha Poly in emerald Gucci


Rosie Huntington-Whitely in black Tom Ford

Vanessa Hudgens in teal Catherine Malandrino dress

Ruby velvet Antionio Beradi dress

So if you are game to try this look at home, the following dresses are all from ASOS (no I don't work for them, or have shares in them, I just love that I can feel a little fashionable, order from the comfort of my own desk, and its perfect for every price range)






Just to show that I'm not completely biased, here are some other websites I'm addicted to;
theiconic.com.au
missguidedau.com
ioffer.com
cambridgesatchel.co.uk
thebookdepository.co.uk
shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment