Tuesday 12 March 2013

Maya Hayuk

I've been writing down lists of things to write about here, but found myself much too busy to concentrate on anything so frivolous as a blog about hedonism! Then my sister (artist-journalist-international relations student) sent me a link for this Brooklyn, NY-based artist. I found her work so stunningly beautiful and energising that I had to write something straight away. She does murals, installation art, screen printing, t-shirt design, album covers etc. etc., but most recently has collaborated with Billabong to create swimwear. Enjoy...

Big Bonfire, 2012


Cake Shapes, 2011


Maya Hayuk for Cantao (Brazil), 2010


May Hayuk for Cantao (Brazil), 2010

Maya Hayuk for Mara Hoffman, 2011


Maya Hayuk for Monument & Manik Skateboards, 2004-2006

Normal, 2011

Oklahoma 2012


Oklahoma, 2012

Remain in Light, 2012 

Maya Hayuk for Billabong, 2012

All images from mayahayuk.com and billabong.com. Check out her website, its mind-blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment