Tuesday 21 February 2012

2012 Trends I Won't Be Trying

Trend 1: Ugg Boots in public (and a teacosy on your head)
Why? (a) they're ugly
(b) its never THAT cold
(c) they're not waterproof
(d) they have no grip in the soles
(e) they're UGLY!


Trend 2: platform sneakers/ brogues/ espadrilles
Why? (a) they're ugly
(b) I'm tall enough
(c) they look difficult to walk/ drive in


Trend 3: Puffy, midriff-baring boob-tube
Why? (a) unflattering
(b) counterproductive to wear mid-length skirt, cardigan and flash your tummy
(c) potential for embarrassing tan lines


Trend 4: Fur
Why? (a) it never gets THAT cold
(b) PETA will throw paint on you
(c) difficult to launder
(d) I'm just not cool enough to pull it off


Trend 5: Leather shorts
Why? (a) mostly I'm just not cool enough to pull it off
(b) difficult to launder
(c) leather is expensive
(d) generally seem unflattering


Trend 6: Burgundy jeans
Why? (a) don't like burgundy
I do appreciate this on other people, just not me.

Pictures courtesy of The Sartorialist, Elle magazine, google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment